How relational Database System is Organized ?
Database Management System is overall program that manages one or more databases. Relational Database Management system is used to manage -
|No||Use of RDBMS|
|1||Real time database system|
|2||Whether forecasting application|
|3||Space Research and Electronics Lab|
Database System is organized in following way -
Different Objects of RDBMS Structure :
|Databse||A database is an organized collection of data for one or more purposes, usually in digital form. (e.g College Database)|
|Table||Table is a set of data elements (values) that is organized using a model of vertical columns (which are identified by their name) and horizontal rows.|
|Field||Individual Column of the database table is called as “Field”|
|Record||Individual Row of the database table is called as “Record”|
Explanation of the RDBMS :
- We have topmost layer i.e Relational Database management system which manages different databases.
- RDBMS is an application Software.
- Using RDBMS we have created two databases i.e RDBMS can manage at least single database .
- In the individual database we can create number of tables. These tables may be interlinked to each other or may be separate tables.
- We can fire queries on the database table or on whole database. [ Query Language is used to fire queries on the database called SQL]
- Each Table have unique key in order to identify Individual Record called primary key.
As explained earlier RDBMS is an application software , there are number of application software(s) present in the market as of today. Below is the list of some application softwares -
|Different Application Softwares :|
|MS SQL Server||Microsoft Access||MSDE|